Terms and Conditions
Please read the accommodation contract conditions:
General Conditions of the Accommodation Contract of "Scout Madrid Hostel" Fundación Promesa, as of 01/08/2015
a) These conditions apply to all contracts governing the rental of rooms and beds, as well as all other services and provisions provided by Fundación PROMESA (Scout Madrid Hostel) (located at Calle entre arroyos 19 bis, Madrid), with CIF number ES G85874550.
b) Subleasing the rented rooms and their use for purposes other than overnight stay require the prior written consent of Fundación Promesa.
c) Different conditions than those established in this document, in favor of the client, will only apply if agreed upon in writing in advance.
- Contract formalization, liability of the parties, and prescription:
- This contract comes into effect when Fundación PROMESA accepts the customer's reservation request. Fundación PROMESA has the right to confirm the bed reservation in writing.
- The parties to the contract are Fundación PROMESA and the customer. If a third party makes the reservation on behalf of the customer, they will be jointly responsible, along with the customer, for all obligations of the accommodation contract to the hostel.
- The hostel will be responsible for all obligations of the accommodation contract.
- All customer claims expire after 3 months.
- The limitation of liability and the short prescription period will apply to the hostel, even if it contradicts its obligations regarding pre-contractual costs and actual contract violations.
- Services, prices, payment, and settlement:
- Fundación PROMESA undertakes to have the room reserved by the customer ready and to provide the agreed services.
- Customers are obligated to pay Fundación PROMESA the applicable and/or agreed price for the rental of the room and any other services they have enjoyed. The above applies to all services and facilities of Fundación PROMESA to which the customer provides access to third parties. Payment will be made at the customer's check-in.
- The agreed prices include the applicable VAT at the legal rate. In case of an increase in VAT, Fundación PROMESA reserves the right to revise the contractually agreed price upwards. The same applies to the imposition or increase of taxes and levies directly related to the stay.
- Fundación PROMESA may revise prices if the customer later wishes to modify the number of reserved rooms, the services provided, or the duration of the guests' stay, provided that the hostel agrees to it.
- Fundación PROMESA has the right to demand a deposit at the time of contract formalization or thereafter. The amount and payment conditions can be stipulated in writing in the contract. For all group reservations (more than 15 people), a deposit will be required, determined by Fundación PROMESA at the time of booking based on availability, amount, and reservation dates. Failure to pay the deposit will result in the cancellation of the reservation without any right to compensation for the customer.
- Group reservations (more than 15 people) must be paid before the group's arrival. Failure to pay the reservation will result in its cancellation without any right to compensation for the customer.
- Cancellation policy or no-show by the customer:
4.1 Individual travelers (less than 15 people):
- Unless otherwise agreed, the reservation can be canceled free of charge by notifying via email 2 weeks before the arrival date.
- If the reservation is canceled less than 7 days before the arrival date, the total amount of the reservation will be charged.
- If the cancellation occurs between the 13th and 7th day before the arrival date, the price of the first night will be charged.
In case of cancellation within one week or no-show when the reservation has been confirmed, 100% of the agreed price in the reservation will be applied.
- For reservations through third parties (travel agencies, etc.), the specific cancellation and no-show conditions published by them will apply.
4.2 Groups (from 15 people):
- Reservation request: form on the website or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating the number of places, dates of stay, additional services, age...
- Unless otherwise agreed, the deposit agreed upon as confirmation of the reservation is not refundable.
- One week before the group's arrival, full payment must be made; otherwise, the reservation will be canceled.
- Modifications: cancellations of places that do not significantly modify the group's capacity are accepted.
- Contracts concluded by the customer with Fundación PROMESA must be resolved in writing, with the written consent of Fundación PROMESA as well. If not, the contractually agreed price must be paid, even if the customer has not enjoyed the services.
- Group leaders must provide the hostel with a list containing the full name of all guests before arrival, including full contact details and passport information.
- Cancellation by the hostel:
- If any of the deposits agreed upon or required in accordance with these general conditions are not made, even after the appropriate grace period set by Fundación PROMESA, the hostel has the right to terminate the contract.
- The hostel is authorized to exceptionally terminate the contract for justifiable objective reasons (e.g., non-compliance with cohabitation rules) without being liable for it.
- The hostel must inform the clients in writing immediately of its intention to exercise its right of termination.
- Cases of termination do not entitle the customer to demand compensation for damages and losses.
- Fundación PROMESA reserves the right to transfer the customer to another hostel in the same city, duly observing the same category of the reserved room, and inform the customer accordingly. In this case, the customer has the right to withdraw from the contract without any cost.
- Room availability, transfer, refund, and other provisions governing the stay at the hostel:
- The customer does not have the right to be installed in a specific room or bunk.
- In the case of group reservations of 15 people, the hostel will determine the configuration in which the guests will be accommodated, unless specific rooms have been confirmed in writing.
- Reserved rooms will be made available to customers from 2:00 pm on the agreed arrival date. Before that time, customers can use the luggage storage service to store their belongings.
- The latest check-in time for reserved rooms is 8:00 pm on the agreed date. If the reservation has not been confirmed by a deposit, the hostel has the right to reassign rooms after this time, and the customer cannot claim any compensation.
- On the departure date, rooms must be vacated and made available to the hostel by 11:00 am at the latest.
- If the total number of guests exceeds the number stipulated in the contract, the additional persons will not be entitled to accommodation.
- Accommodation/admission conditions:
- Adults: presentation of ID card, residence card, or passport.
- The overnight stay limit is restricted to 7 nights per month. The hostel manager may extend the duration of the stay.
- Between 16 and 18 years old, they can stay alone or accompanied by a capable adult and sleep in shared rooms, provided they present written authorization from their parents or legal guardians, including their identification documents. In any case, persons over 16 years old must present their physical ID card, residence card, or passport at check-in.
- Children under 16 years old are not allowed to stay in shared rooms, even when accompanied by their parents or a responsible adult. They can only stay in private rooms. This rule does not apply to groups of travelers accompanied by an adult with parental or legal guardian authorization.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Breakfast is included in the room price and is free.
- Groups have the option to request a special breakfast.
- Half-board or full-board (catering for a minimum of 20 people) with menus adapted to their needs.
- Meal requests must be made at least two weeks before arrival, subject to availability of schedules.
- The customer is responsible for damages to the inventory caused by negligent or deliberate acts. The entire group will be jointly responsible if damages are caused by one of its members.
- The hostel will be liable to the customer for personal possessions in accordance with legal provisions. The hostel is not responsible for belongings left unattended in common areas and outside lockers in shared rooms, nor inside lockers if they are not locked with a padlock. Lockers must be securely locked with a padlock. The hostel recommends that customers use these facilities. Claims for liability will be time-barred if the customer does not immediately notify the hostel in accordance with the Spanish Civil Code.
- The use of equipment and facilities in recreational areas is at the customer's own risk.
- In cases where a locker is made available to the customer in the hostel, the hostel will not be responsible for any loss or damage to the contents or the container.
- Final provisions:
- Any modifications or supplements to the contract, as well as the acceptance of these conditions of stay at the hostel, must be made in writing. Unilateral modifications or supplements by the customer will have no effect.
- The place of performance and payment is the location of the hostel.
- This contract is governed by Spanish law.
- If any of the individual provisions contained in these general conditions are or become void or ineffective, the validity of the remaining provisions will not be affected. This contract is also governed by the applicable legal provisions.